Kroger Catalinas: Questions Answered

What is a Catalina?

• A Catalina (Cat) is a reward you receive for purchasing participating items. It will print in the form of a coupon at checkout and you can use it like cash for your next shopping trip. For example, Buy (3) boxes of cereal to receive a $1 coupon good on your next order (OYNO).
  • Some Catalinas are just coupons that print based on customer behavior.
  • Some are advertisements for current or upcoming promotions.

Here are some examples:

On Your Next Order (OYNO) – printed because I purchased qualifying items. Store Coupon that can be used on ANY subsequent order, just like cash. Once in a while you will see one that can only be redeemed for specific items, but most of the time they are good on any order.

Manufacturer’s Coupon I received based on my shopping behavior. Many times these print when you purchase the competitors brand, sometimes these will be for a product you frequently purchase. Other times it’s just random.

Advertisement for a current or upcoming Catalina – This will give you all the information you need to know in order to receive your Catalina Reward including dates, participating items/sizes and how much you have to buy. If you get one of these, let us know and it will help keep my list current. :)

By Invitation ONLY – Some offers are designed to only be distributed to specific targeted customers based on your shopping behavior. This is also an advertisement of sorts, but is meant for YOU only. You must scan YOUR shopper’s card in order to receive the reward.  I try not to include these in my Catalinas Master List because so few will receive them.

How can I find out what Catalinas are printing at Kroger?

• You will typically find hanging tags under the participating item stating the requirements for generating a Catalina
  • Or you’ll receive an advertisement for them in the form of a Catalina (shown above)
  • The Coupon Network lists many, but not ALL of the “Your Bucks” offers (same as Catalina) for your area.
  • Just sign up or sign in
  • Go to “my account” at the top
  • Enter your zip code
  • Add as many stores as you like by clicking the blue icon of any available store. The store added to your list will be marked by green icon. Clicking the green icon below the map will make this your favorite store.
  • Check back often for newly added Catalinas. You don’t HAVE to print them to receive the Catalina, but you’ll want to print to see all the restrictions/qualifying items/dates/etc.
  • Some Catalinas are not advertised ANYWHERE and are a surprise at checkout! If you receive an actual “On Your Next Order” Catalina that I don’t have in my list, please share!

How many Catalina deals can I do in one transaction?

You can do multiple Catalina deals in the same transaction as long as they are DIFFERENT offers. If you want to do multiples of the SAME Catalina offer you MUST separate your transactions because only 1 “like” Catalina will print per order.

The exception to this is if it is a STORE promo (the Catalina will print as “STORE” rather than “Manufacturer” coupon), in which case there is typically no set limit.

Is there an overall limit to how many “Like” Catalina deals I can do?

Do Kroger Catalinas “Roll”?

Another way to ask this question is: Can I take a Catalina that I just EARNED and turn around and use it to pay for a duplicate order and still receive another Catalina? This is called “rolling” and the answer is YES, you CAN! :) Just be sure to separate your transactions!

What do I do if I was expecting a Catalina to print and it didn’t?

Catalinas are not affiliated with Kroger stores…they are a separate company. If you do NOT receive a Catalina, here are a couple contact options:

Fill out the contact form found HERE or call 888-826-8766 within 14 days of your transaction

Any other questions you have? Leave them in the comments below!

I update my Kroger Catalinas Master List throughout the week, so be sure to check back often for new deals!

Did you know?? You can have these great deals delivered directly to your inbox? Subscribe to my Daily Newsletter via email!! You can also subscribe by RSS feed, Facebook, Twitter !

Comments

1. Kaitlyn Gray says:

This is very helpful but i have a question. For example if i have a coupon that says $1.50 off of colgate toothpaste how do i know the original price of the item before i go to the store and buy it.

2. I’m just learning about couponing. And I’m confused do I have to buy all thesame items ive done the deal buy 6 items save 3 dollars but no cCatalina deal what am I doing wrong

3. Como puedo obtener esos cupones

4. Susan Wilhite says:

I had a cat from the farmrich purchase i did at the beginning of February with the buy 6 save $3 mega event. So this time I used that towards my purchase (which had 3 more farmrich) but a cat did not print this time for it. Does it not work again? I’m not sure how it works. I got a cat for my yogurt purchase, but nothing else.

5. Do you have to purchase all items for a Catalina in one transaction. For example, If I purchase 4 nivea lip care in one transaction. Can I go back later and get the other two to trigger the $3.00 OYNO?

6. I just tried the nivea deal bought two body washs and 2 lip balm. Nothing printed. Dallas

7. Morgan Adams says:

Do we know for sure if the catalina program is going to be discontinued in December, or just the coupon network coupons?

8. Shari Robbins says:

I have tried twice at my Kroger stores in Jackson, Tennessee to get the $2 catalina on Cherrios but I never receive one.

9. Hi, I was so disappointed because there’s no Kroger here in our area, Evanston Il, but we have Food4Less, which is a Kroger family. I just wanna ask if Food4less offers the same deals as kroger’s and do the embrace the same coupon policy? Thanks.

10. Karissa says:

when you use the cats on a different order can you only use one? Like, I got 3 today ($4,$4 and $5) can i bundle them on one order or can i only get the money off one at a time?

11. Thank you so much! I love your site!

12. Hi I was wondering if I could stack Catalinas toward the same transaction? For example say I have 2 different Catalinas for $3 OYNO, can I use both of those at the same time?

• Denise, yes you should be able to redeem as many of your OYNO Catalinas as you want. Some stores will set limits on this, but there is no written policy on it.

13. okay, I need help troubleshooting :) I’ve tried the link to request a catalina I didn’t receive in both of my browsers and both say they can’t pull it up…any ideas? Thanks in advance for the help!!

14. Thank you so much for this info. I was going crazy because two catalinas did not print. lol…

15. i have a catalina ($3.00 ),can i use this to a different kroger branch in my area?

16. Thank you Katarina. That really helps :)

17. I have a question that I hope you can help me with. There is a catalina coming out for Purina pet products. Spend at least $30 and get $5.00 off your next order. I plan on using several $3.00 coupons to bring the cost down. So to get the catalina is that before or after you use coupons. Thank you.

18. I never really liked Kroger until I found your blog! I love my Kroger now. I don’t know how much they love me; however I love the mega sales! Thank you for all that you do to make our savings so much easier.

19. you say you can use a catalina like cash? what if you want to use it on a transaction that is less then the amount of the catalina, do you get change? Just trying to put together something and want to check before I go through with checkout. Also, I boought velveeta cheese and didn’t get a $10 catalina, thinking I would, and realized the velveeta was not the right size!! PAY ATTENTION to size!!!! And when I only got a $5 cat and should’ve gotten a 10, I went to service desk, they couldn”t figure out why I didn’t get the full $10, so they gave me a gift card for 5!!!! Oh, and, I LOVE LOVE this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hi Jennifer, thanks for your comments!! To answer your question, no you will not get change back if the amount of your order is less than the transaction so be sure to spend the whole amount. :)

20. I had the same thing happen with the pepper jack kraft singles. I also had it happen with the Velveeta Shells and cheese. This appears to be “Shells and cheese” only. I bought 1 shells and cheese and 3 velveeta rotini and cheese, and it did not work. :( I guess I will finally get it right this week. :)

21. Jennifer Pickering says:

I just had to submit a request since I didn’t get a $10 one to print they are very quick about getting those out, I got an email within 24-28 hrs that they were sending it to me in the mail. Katarina, here is the link they sent me when I sent an email to the one you have listed. This take you right to there site to submit the request for the missing catalina.
    To submit a request for Catalina Support please click on the link below

22. Joyce, don’t feel bad, I did the exact same thing! I purchased one of the 10 oz variety & nothing printed. The manager however was kind enough to make one print for me since I had 9 of the regular & they were all out.

23. Well no crap!!! I didn’t even look at the ounces on the pepperjack!!! This is the moment that makes me want to cuss!!!! I already have the cheese nice and frozen!!! Ugh. That’s what I get for not paying close enough attention!!!

24. Wow! Please excuse my IPhone autocorrect! Goodness!
    Julie

25. Hi Joycs, my Fiancé and I did the Kraft deal as well and the pepper corn singles were not included because they were slightly under 12oz and were 10.7 oz I believe. The Kraft deal states that it needs to be 12 oz, so in my case I’ve been to two Krogers and have only seen the American Kraft Singles eligible for the Kraft catelina. We rolled it a few times and got the 10.00 every time. If they are all unopened and you have the original reciept you can take it to customer service and just return them and restart. I printed out the eligible Keft products from coupon network and used that. Good luck!
    Julie

26. Nope, no 2% milks. All I got were Americans and pepper jacks!! It didn’t make sense to me either. Really bummed me out as my oop was bigger, it was still a good deal, but I want my darn $!!! :) I’ve been couponing big time for years and didn’t know if maybe you had heard of some kind of glitch somewhere. I’ve never had this one happen before, especially 3 times in a row. They owe me $15 somewhere!!!

27. I just took a trip to krogers and had 3 separate transactions with the kraft foods. I had 10 qualifying items each time–my last 2 transactions were with the kraft singles only. Each time, I only received a $5 onyo???? Any idea why?? I was going to call the company on Monday. Also, I didn’t want to cancel an order because we live so far away from the store and today is the last day of the sale. I saved all my receipts.

28. hi I did the kraft catalina 2 weeks ago with the cheese singles hot dogs and bologna, I just saw the post with the 10 cheese singles can I do this deal again, or is it a limit of one catalina? Thanks in advance.

• Great question Amanda! Just added it to the post. No, there is typically no limit to how many “like” Catalina offers you can take advantage of. Again, just be sure to separate your transactions.