In the spirit of Smithsonian Museums, who offer free admission everyday, Museum Day is an annual event hosted by Smithsonian magazine in which participating museums across the country open their doors to anyone presenting a Museum Day Ticket for FREE. Get your FREE Admission Ticket on the Museum Day website.
Here is the information on the event:
- Offer is valid only on Saturday, September 24, 2011. (Exceptions for Museum Day museums closed on Saturdays).
- One Museum Day Ticket per household for two people, per valid email address. Museum Day Ticket will be collected upon entry.
- Only an official Museum Day ticket is eligible for free entry.
- A ticket will gain entry to only one of the participating museums. This excludes parking, special events and exhibits, IMAX film screenings, or for use with any other offers.
- If museum reaches capacity, museum has right to limit the number of guests until space becomes available.
- Museums and cultural venues participate in Museum Day voluntarily. *Smithsonian magazine encourages museum visitation, but is not responsible for individual museum content or participation.
Go here to find a participating museum near you!