One of my sisters all time greatest recipes is her yummy enchiladas! I know every family has their own version but I had to share when I saw this new $0.75 off Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce coupon pop up this morning! These cans sell for under $2 at Kroger and if your store doubles you can score a seriously great deal! Now on to the recipe!
1 LB Ground Hamburger (Turkey works too)
1-2 Logs of Chorizo (mild or hot)
1/4 c Diced Onion (optional)
2 c Shredded Cheese
2 cans Enchilada Sauce
1 pk Corn Tortillas (10-12 tortillas)
1. Sautee onions until translucent
2. Add burger and chorizo and cook through
3. Warm tortillas (this makes them easier to roll)
4. Spoon as much filling as you like into each tortilla, sprinkle a bit of cheese, and roll and secure with toothpick (Continue process until pan is full)
5. Pour enchilada sauce over the top of the tortilla rolls, ensuring every inch of the tortillas have been covered so they don’t dry out
6. Sprinkle cheese over the top to cover (I like cheese so I’m generous)
7. Bake at 375 Deg for 45 minutes covered with tin foil then for an additional 10-15 minutes uncovered or until cheese is fully melted.
This is a basic enchilada recipe but I love that when you add the chorizo you usually need no other seasonings! Plus you can turn up the heat if you prefer by using the hot version of chorizo and enchilada sauces. Don’t forget the shredded lettuce and sour cream on top!
Do you have a favorite recipe to share??