While all of the other love bugs are out dining in overcrowded restaurants, enjoy a peaceful and romantic dinner at home with your other half. If you need some inspiration on what to prepare, try pairing Carando Italian Sausage with a premium Bertolli Riserva sauce – the Tuscan inspired sauces and authentic Italian flavors of the sausages will simmer nicely together, leaving you with a meal you won’t want to end.
But when it does, know that Carando Italian Sausage and Bertolli Riserva both come in a selection of flavors at Kroger, so you’ll have what you need to create multiple special date nights at home.
Note: Sampling events will take place at a few select Kroger stores, so be sure to ask your local store manager for details.
I was in need of a date-night dinner early so I wanted to try out this Fusilli with Sausage & Mushrooms Pasta and it definitely did NOT disappoint. Not only was it delicious but it was so easy to make and hardly took any time (even with a hungry spouse or other half waiting to eat).
With just six ingredients in my cart I went to checkout so excited to recreate this recipe for you. I was even more happy to see that the Carando Sausage was 50% off this week at Kroger so it was only $2.50 for the package.
I started by pan searing the sausage links in a skillet (this can be done in cast iron and probably would have gotten more color). Once it was done, I took it out of the skillet and let it rest.
Add about 2 Tsp of Olive Oil to the pan and add in your mushrooms of choice. I used Baby Bella. Let these saute for about 5 min. In the meantime, cut your sausage links.
Let the sausage in mushrooms simmer for about 15 min. In the meantime, get that pasta water going and add in your pasta.
Drain your pasta and serve. I plated mine with the noodles on the bottom and topped with the yummy sausage and mushroom pasta sauce. I wanted some more carbs with my meal so I had some bread. A multi-grain batard to be exact. (This is a type of bread similar to baguette, but shorter.)
Recipe: Fusilli with Sausage & Mushrooms
- 1 lb. Carando Italian sausage links
- 1 Tbsp. Bertolli® Classico™ Olive Oil
- 12 ounces Portobello, cremini or white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 jar Bertolli® Riserva Marinara with Parmigiano-Reggiano sauce
- 8 ounces fusilli pasta [or spiral pasta], cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown sausage in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Remove sausage from skillet and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; set aside.
- Heat Olive Oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Return sausage to skillet. Stir in sauce and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Spoon sauce over hot pasta and sprinkle with cheese.
Oh, and it doesn’t stop there! One lucky Kroger Krazy reader will win a $25 Kroger Gift Card! All you have to do is reply how they would make a date night meal with Carando Italian Sausage and Bertolli Riserva. Make sure your answer has #BertolliDateNight & #CarandoDateNight. You have through 2/16/16 at 12 am EST to enter!
This is a sponsored post. All opinions remain my own. Gift Card provided by Lunchbox.