b5s5 fillers

In a Mega Event situation, you MUST purchase 5 participating items (in this case) to get the additional $5 mega savings ($1 per item). So, for example you have a cart full of groceries, but you count only 14 items. A filler item is what you grab to get your item count up to a multiple of 5 so that you can get the mega discount on all of your items. Preferably something very inexpensive that doesn’t require a coupon, because if you had a coupon – it’s probably already in your cart!

Snip20140425_133

(all prices valid through 8/9 and prices below assume you purchase in multiples of 5 – mix & match)

Don’t forget you can view the Mega Event full inclusions list HERE.

Snip20140425_134

Check out my “How to shop a Kroger Mega Event” post and video.

Comments

Kathy

August 7, 201611:17 pm

I have a save 35 cents coupon for Silver Palate Oatmeal that has no exp. date and was clipped from inside the Silver Palate Rice (I think) free friday download from quite a while ago.

Cindy

August 3, 201603:27 pm

I don't have the Mrs. Cubbison's digital coupon in my Fry's app either.

Pat

August 2, 201612:15 pm

How's are the pudding cups that price. Mine are $2.44 after the 5/5 deal

Kimberly

July 31, 201608:58 am

Look for hangtags on the Welch's 100% juice. $1.00 off 1, making them .79 each. ^_^

Megan

July 30, 201611:35 am

The digital coupon works. I tested yesterday. It first deducts the digital and then, if you purchased in multiples of five, the mega event savings at the end. This allows for freebies and sometimes moneymakers.

kathy

July 29, 201610:32 pm

Will the digital coupon work on Mrs. Cubbison's Croutons? I was told before that the digital coupons won't work on Mega sale items because you already get a discount.

Kathie

July 29, 201608:06 pm

I do not see the Mrs. Cubbisons Croutons as an available digital coupon in my Smith's store app (a Kroger store). When I search the coupons for them, I get a message, "Sorry, no items found." Also do not see the same pricing for your other items.