Find Advertised Kroger Deals In Your Area

How Do Kroger Fuel Points Work?

2016 2:18 pm

So you’re asking…how do Kroger fuel points work?  I wanted to help answer your questions in hopes you’ll be less confused (if you were).

• The fuel program allows you to receive savings of up to $1.00 off per gallon one one fuel purchase up to 35 gallon at Kroger, Turkey Hill and participating Shell stations.
  • For each increment of 100 fuel points (up to 1,000 point) you will receive $0.10 per gallon.
  • Earn points in current month and redeem thru each month.  Each month is a separate accumulation period.  Months’ points don’t combine in a single transaction.

Example:

• 100 Points = 10¢ off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up
  • 200 Points = 20¢ off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up
  • 1,000 Points = $1 off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up

• Shopping at Kroger
    • $1.00 spent on groceries = 1 fuel point
  • Federally funded Prescriptions
    • $1.00 spent out-of-pocket = 1 fuel point
  • Shopping at Fred Meyer Jewelers or online at Fred Meyer Jewelers
    • $1.00 spent on jewelry = 1 fuel point
  • Buying gift cards
    • $1.00 in gift cards = 2 fuel points
  • Taking a Satisfaction Receipt Survey (located on bottom of receipt)
    • Once every 7 days = 50 fuel points
  • Non-federally funded Prescriptions
    • 1 prescription = 50 fuel points
  • Visit to The Little Clinic (what you pay out-of-pocket)
    • Paid visit = 50 fuel points

YES!  Kroger holds promotions such as:

• 2x fuel points when you buy groceries (both a Kroger Digital Coupon or one that can from Kroger ad)
    • This usually happens in the summer months
  • 4x fuel points when you buy gift cards
    • These are special promotions that Kroger does a few times a year and you’ll find about from them here.

2-6

• Your total fuel points are calculated after you have given your Kroger card but also after all Kroger Digital coupons have gone off your order.
  • Fuel points are given BEFORE you hand over your manufacturer coupons.
    • For example, if your Kroger bill is $104.65 and you hand over your manufacturer coupon and your total now becomes less than $104.65, you will STILL receive 100 fuel points for the total BEFORE printable or insert coupons.

• Kroger Fuel Center
  • Turkey Hill
  • Shell

Did you know?? You can have these great deals delivered directly to your inbox? Subscribe to my Daily Newsletter via email!! You can also subscribe by RSS feed, Facebook, Twitter !

Comments

1. I have 116 fuel points from oct 2017 (expire 11-30-2017) and 208 fuel points from Nov 2017. Went to a Shell on 11-11-2017 and was only given the option for $.20/gal. What about the $.10/gal from Oct which are still valid? What is the policy for multiple months? What month points are offered at the pump first?

2. Just received 30 cents off a gallon making it 1.87 per gallon.

3. Millie Ratclmiff says:

I want to get my extra fuel points

4. Do fuel points roll over to the next month or do u have to use them all at once?

• Jim Atkinsin says:

I find the fuel point redeeming process confusing. Our receipt shows we had 141 fuel point for September and that they would expire on the last day of October. However, when we started to redeem them, they did not register on the pump. Can you please give me some information how we are to redeem our points, or are the September point lost on the last day of September? Need some help, this seems to be a common problem with patrons. Thanks

5. Fuel points are not added together – so 187 from previous month will not be used? Why? When we got fuel they asked do you want to use them all and we said yes but the leftover from the previous month was untouched and therefore will be wasted. Why?

6. Yesterday I chose option #1-“Use All Available Points” I got 40 cents off but only bought about 5 gallons. Shouldn’t that have used only 500 points? The station is new and was offering 20 cents off anyway. Later my husband went to fill up and only got the 20 cents off although we had a lot of points left–at least 1000. How did it really work? Can we use points twice in one day in different transactions?

7. PATRICIA MILAM says:

WE ALWAYS GET 3 CENTS OFF AT THE KROGER PUMP EVEN WITH NO POINTS, SO IF MY RECEIPT SAYS I HAVE 30 CENTS OFF, I’M REALLY ONLY GETTING 27 CENTS OFF RIGHT?

8. Theresa Cupo says:

My receipt says I have 1076 fuel points for June. It also says that “This months points expire 7/31/17. Yet when my husband went to fill up he could only use 10 cents off per gallon. What’s the story?

• Same thing happen to us last night at the Monroe Michigan Kroeger, we had 755 points for June to use by the end of July. So husband went to fill up and entered the 70Cents in the #2 position and it gave us 10 cents off. Where the hell is the 60 cents that remains. We have 90 cents for July, probably loose that too. This is a scam.

• I can tell you that the Kroger Points are definitely legitimate. although there are different Laws and regulations depending on where you live and which gas station you choose. Most states allow up to $1.00/gallon discount, unfortunately for me Louisiana is not one of them here we can only get 10 cents per gallon per fill up(35 gallon mx). Kroger gas stations will allow to use as many points as your local laws allow. Most Shell stations only allow the 10 cent discount.

9. I know I have the points I have the digital 2x coupon on my card. I buy my gas @ a Shell that honors the Kroger card and all I ever get off is 10 cents a gallon even after I state at the start that I wish to use say 50 cent off gallon or if I am getting 30 plus dollars worth of I gas I will state I wish to use the full dollar off pre gallon. My car is very hard on gas I avg about 4 to 8 miles a gallon so saving money is must and out of all the gas stations in my town this Shell’s gas get the best mileage avg is 8 to 11 miles. Not much every little bit counts

• Shell limits how much you can save per gallon so you can redeem only 100 points at a time with Kroger Fuel Rewards. Read the fine print. The information is there if you would read.

10. Mello, Lou says:

What do I do when I drive up to a Kwick Shop gas pump to get my fuel points? Can you explain step by step?

11. Kay McCoy says:

It is still better to get your gas at Speedway. Points accumulate from month to month and you can get fantastic gifts with the points.

12. Can someone please tell me why Kroger /Ralph’s limits the rewards to $.20 max. in So. California?

There are fuel centers so it’s not that. I cannot get a straight answer.

I do know that in Tennessee it’s unlimited.
    I’m fairly certain it’s our state laws but I believe it’s not limited in No. Cal. could be wrong.

13. If I earned 400+ fuel points in June, can I use them in June or do I need to wait until the month is over? Seems like when I wanted to use the points I earned the same month I wanted to use them, they were not available.

• Hello Joe, just an average customer here but you get your fuel points immediately and they expire at the end of the month, lets say I earned 500 fuel points in June (50 cents off a gallon) I have to use them in June or they expire after June. You get them immediately though, you can spend $500 on one shopping visit and drive straight to the gas station afterwards to use them. It will show on the bottom of each receipt or if you have the Kroger App how many points you have.

• If a customer earned 500 fuel points in June he/she has until the end of the following month when they expire….Points do not expire at the end of the month the points were earned.

• Keeping up with your points and tracking your savings is much easier if you have the Kroger app on your phone. This will tell you how many points you have, when they expire and how much money you’ve saved YTD

14. If I earn 900 fuel points in April, do I need to use them before May 1st? Do I need to redeem them in the same month I earn them?

15. Chris Axtman says:

If I make a purchase the last day of the month but survey completion required within 7 days so it falls into following month, will those 50 bonus fuel points be applied for month of purchase or month of survey completion? Looking forward to response, thank you.

16. Diane Sedberry says:

I show on my Kroger receipt of 4/23/17 that I have a total of 388 points this month and it expires the the 31st of May. I got gas today and my savings was only thee cents. I do

17. KrogerEmployeeNC says:

OK so as a kroger fuel center employee a quick Google search concerning an incident that just happened moments ago led me to this site. Let me tell you how kroger truly feels.

I did not know how irresponsible and unreasonable you people who use gas stations/fuel points/gas points of any kind, were until I worked for one, this is my first time doing a job like this. Some of you folks are just a walking hazard.

One of the first things we are shown in training is how easy it is to start a fire by switching cars while fueling, filling gas cans/mowers on flat beds, and smoking at the pumps. Actually Im sure years ago we all watched videos on that kind of stuff during drivers ed as well.

On behalf of all has station employees I’ll say that we could care less about you using your fuel points. In fact you can just take your receipt into the customer service area and they can give you the monetary difference of lost points it’s no big deal.

What we don’t want to deal with are people like this lady who just used her $1 off while fueling multiple cars and getting gas all over the ground. Of course she got startled and put the nozzle back in the pump which in turn made the pump think she was done fueling. She then had the nerve to complain because the pump switched off and accused me of trying to steal her discount. She was lucky she didn’t cause a major incident.

Once she was done ranting, and getting her husband involved after I said she could have started a fire, I just gave her back her receipt and said go to customer service they can give u the money for the points. Which they did in less than 5 minutes.

STOP BEING CRAZY JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVEN’T STARTED A FIRE YET DOESN’T MEAN YOU CAN PUT EVERYONE ELSE AT RISK.

18. We park on opposite sides of the pump so there is no need to move vehicles. The hose reaches both cars just fine.

19. Yes I went to fill my truck up to day with the $.90 off per gallon I’ve been saveing all last month. And the pump shut off at 25 gallons instead of 35. Are they changing the limit now. If so I would like to know where and when it was posted that you are.

20. Yolanda King says:

Hello,my points dose not rollover. Even though it states on the receipt that I have until the end of the following month to use my point. I have lost many points. This is frustrating and at times embarrassing at the pump. I asked the store clerk who stated, the points are supposed to rollover.

• You can only use 1,000 at a time. Plus if you have over 100 pts at the end of the month, they will rollover to next month in a separate point “account” that you can use. It’s always wise to ask for a point balance check from the cashier (if they can do this at your gas fill up station) so you know if you have some from the month prior that you can use before you lose them. Also sometimes the most frustrating things (even for us employees at the gas stations) is that the register doesn’t let you know which month the points are from so I like to ask or do a point check for a customer before they get the gas that way they aren’t using the current months points that they could still be adding to, to get a bigger discount

21. Is there a way to check exactly how many points you have on your card?

• Points should be on the bottom of your receipt. Also, the Kroger app is great! Click more on bottom right, then Rewards shows balance from last month & current month. Great digital coupons too! Since my gas tank is small, we try to time it for my husband & I both to get gas to maximize the 35 gallons. Just don’t hang the pump up and the other person move the vehicles.

• Angela, I have been doing the same thing for some time now. But today I was told today by a Kroger CSR in the W. Va. Call Center that we are not supposed to be filling more than one vehicle per transaction. She said it was because of the fire danger of moving the fill nozzle from one tank to the other tank. I asked her for the written policy for that but she seemed unable to provide it exactly and instead referred me to something on the Fred Meyer website about only fueling one vehicle. However there is nothing on Kroger’s website about it. I think the policy is for a way to cheat us out of maximizing our fuel savings than it is to prevent fires. Just another “smoke & mirrors” game. Here’s your reward. Oops, now it’s gone. Sorry.

• Just use a fuel can in your trunk for the remaining fuel you can’t put in your vehicle 🙂

22. J. Michael Kimbley says:

Would be nice if there were replies to these questions and comments, i.e. – do you lose the points if you only use 13 gallons to fill up? Can you come back next week and get 13 more gallons? Do the points expire each calendar month? Can you “stack” points with a friend?

• Yes you lose the remaining points. No you can not come back next week to redeem for 13 more gal.No you can not stack with a friend. I always try to wait until my tank is near empty and take gas cans with me. You can get up to 35 gal. on one transaction.

23. If you have $1.00 off fuel and it is good for 35 gallons in one session and you only get 15 gallons, do you lose the 20 gallons at $1.00, or do you still have those points?

24. Betsie Pendarvis says:

So I’ve got 46 points good till the end of this week and 480 points good til the end of next month. Can I use 100 points (clear out December and use some of Jan’s which are available to me now) and save the rest til later in Jan?

• Nope, points do not combine. There is no way to use those 46 points, they are lost. If you had 146 points you could still use a 100 of those points for .10 cents/gal., but anything less than 100 points in a previous month is cannot be used and is lost.

25. OK, Never redeemed points before, so I have my receipt and I walk up to the gas pump. Whats next?

26. So what I understand from my Reading my 4,000 points is awesome!!! But the other 3,000 points are a complete freaking waste because you can only ACTUALLY used 1,000 points!? What a waste those scumbags!

• If you have 4,000 points, you can fill up 4 times and get $1.00 off each time. If you earned them all & only used 1,000 this month, the remainer rolls over to next month. You only have the current and the next month to use them.

27. I’ve used my points in Arizona, too. Apparently Kroger, City Market, and Fry’s all use the same gas points!

28. Diane Wright says:

Do they expire?

• Fuel points earned in the current month will expire at the end of the next month. Fuel points do not combine across months. Each month is a separate accumulation period. Fuel points earned in separate months cannot be combined in the same transaction. Click here to view a fuel point expiration chart.

29. Can you use half of your Kroger fuel points or when you use any of the points do the all disappear

• At Kroger affiliated Fuel Centers , to use a portion of your fuel points, simply select option 2 (CHANGE AMT) and enter in an amount equal to or less than your total discount available. For example, if you want to use 100 fuel points, enter 10 to receive 10¢ off per gallon. Each increment of 100 fuel points equals a 10¢ per gallon discount. This option is not available at Shell gas stations.

30. I have 207 points from last month. This month i have 400 points. How do I use the 207 points this month? I’ve had problems in the past with the gas station taking the points from the most recent month.

• to use point amounts greater than 100 from prior month’s fuel total, simply select option 2 (CHANGE AMT) when prompted. Enter in an amount equal to or lower than your prior month’s total (savings amount displayed will be greatest amount you can save when filling up). For example, if you have 200 unredeemed fuel points from January and 300 fuel points in February, the display will show that you can save 30¢ per gallon. However, if you change the amount to 20¢, these will come from your January total, leaving you 300 points from your February total. Amounts will come from prior month’s total first if available. Amounts entered greater than what is available will round down, taking the highest amount.

• liar liar, fuel on fire,,, that doesnt work,, just got done at kroger fuel in davison, mi. did exactly that and it took it off of my higher next month july points,, not the june points i wanted to use right now,, good luck with that,,, i think its all a scam

31. Barbara souder says:

I spent $85.00 Tuesday at Kroger I had a coupon for 400 points for a $100.00 spent so I didn’t get to use my coupon and it expires 20th I didn’t have time to go back an get something else. I see you have lower amounts now how do I get one

32. donna murray says:

Does shell let you get more than .10 cents a gallon off now? Because I have gotten bad gas at 2 different Kroger’s and tired of having to repair my car

33. Bonnie Christenson says:

I have king sooper points ft colorado can I use them in ks ok oor tx. Leaving tomorrow and got a full tank. Thank ypu

34. I can’t find the current digital coupon for 4x fuel points on gift cards. Offer was to start today. Please help

35. I also got 500 free fuel points today when I was checking out at the store. Nice!

36. Last weekend I used my fuel points and got gas for 33 cents a gallon in Fort Wayne, IN. Thanks, Kroger!

37. Brenda Short says:

So their is no where in Logan WV. To use the gas points.

38. you can only redeem $.10 per/gallon at shell stations. To my knowledge there are no shell stations that allow you to use more.. we frequently get this question and the togetherness of the post seems to imply that some shell stations do! Also, not all gift cards give 2x fuel points.. Ex. Kroger gift cards actually provide zero as you earn the points when you spend the gift card.

39. Julie Kroger says:

You can redeem more than $1.00/gallon — just not in the same purchase. So earn 1300 points, you can use $1.00/gallon on one trip to the gas station; and use 30 cents the next time. Or split it however you want. I’ve had months with more than 2000 points.

40. Katha Webster says:

I got 500 fuel points as well.

41. wastintime says:

Love what you do but must correct one thing – federally funded (i.e. medicare) prescriptions get the dollar value – so if your Rx is $7 you get 7 fuel points. Your friendly Kroger Pharmacy employee 🙂

42. I got an email from Kroger today that said I’ve been rewarded with 500 fuel points!! As a thank you for being on of their best customers over the past year. #FuelTheLove

43. I also get fuel points by bringing in my own bags….which is extra nice bonus for both of us.

44. Pam Davis says:

I don’t know if City Market does to all card members, but just this week City Market/Kroeger gave my card 509 fuel points for being a loyal customer. Going to use them all!