Find Advertised Kroger Deals In Your Area

How Do Kroger Fuel Points Work?

2016 2:18 pm

So you’re asking…how do Kroger fuel points work?  I wanted to help answer your questions in hopes you’ll be less confused (if you were).

• The fuel program allows you to receive savings of up to $1.00 off per gallon one one fuel purchase up to 35 gallon at Kroger, Turkey Hill and participating Shell stations.
  • For each increment of 100 fuel points (up to 1,000 point) you will receive $0.10 per gallon.
  • Earn points in current month and redeem thru each month.  Each month is a separate accumulation period.  Months’ points don’t combine in a single transaction.

Example:

• 100 Points = 10¢ off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up
  • 200 Points = 20¢ off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up
  • 1,000 Points = $1 off per gallon of fuel for 1 fill-up

• Shopping at Kroger
    • $1.00 spent on groceries = 1 fuel point
  • Federally funded Prescriptions
    • $1.00 spent out-of-pocket = 1 fuel point
  • Shopping at Fred Meyer Jewelers or online at Fred Meyer Jewelers
    • $1.00 spent on jewelry = 1 fuel point
  • Buying gift cards
    • $1.00 in gift cards = 2 fuel points
  • Taking a Satisfaction Receipt Survey (located on bottom of receipt)
    • Once every 7 days = 50 fuel points
  • Non-federally funded Prescriptions
    • 1 prescription = 50 fuel points
  • Visit to The Little Clinic (what you pay out-of-pocket)
    • Paid visit = 50 fuel points

YES!  Kroger holds promotions such as:

• 2x fuel points when you buy groceries (both a Kroger Digital Coupon or one that can from Kroger ad)
    • This usually happens in the summer months
  • 4x fuel points when you buy gift cards
    • These are special promotions that Kroger does a few times a year and you’ll find about from them here.

2-6

• Your total fuel points are calculated after you have given your Kroger card but also after all Kroger Digital coupons have gone off your order.
  • Fuel points are given BEFORE you hand over your manufacturer coupons.
    • For example, if your Kroger bill is $104.65 and you hand over your manufacturer coupon and your total now becomes less than $104.65, you will STILL receive 100 fuel points for the total BEFORE printable or insert coupons.

• Kroger Fuel Center
  • Turkey Hill
  • Shell

Did you know?? You can have these great deals delivered directly to your inbox? Subscribe to my Daily Newsletter via email!! You can also subscribe by RSS feed, Facebook, Twitter !

Comments

1. J. Michael Kimbley says:

Would be nice if there were replies to these questions and comments, i.e. – do you lose the points if you only use 13 gallons to fill up? Can you come back next week and get 13 more gallons? Do the points expire each calendar month? Can you “stack” points with a friend?

• Yes you lose the remaining points. No you can not come back next week to redeem for 13 more gal.No you can not stack with a friend. I always try to wait until my tank is near empty and take gas cans with me. You can get up to 35 gal. on one transaction.

2. If you have $1.00 off fuel and it is good for 35 gallons in one session and you only get 15 gallons, do you lose the 20 gallons at $1.00, or do you still have those points?

3. Betsie Pendarvis says:

So I’ve got 46 points good till the end of this week and 480 points good til the end of next month. Can I use 100 points (clear out December and use some of Jan’s which are available to me now) and save the rest til later in Jan?

4. OK, Never redeemed points before, so I have my receipt and I walk up to the gas pump. Whats next?

5. So what I understand from my Reading my 4,000 points is awesome!!! But the other 3,000 points are a complete freaking waste because you can only ACTUALLY used 1,000 points!? What a waste those scumbags!

6. I’ve used my points in Arizona, too. Apparently Kroger, City Market, and Fry’s all use the same gas points!

7. Diane Wright says:

Do they expire?

8. Can you use half of your Kroger fuel points or when you use any of the points do the all disappear

9. I have 207 points from last month. This month i have 400 points. How do I use the 207 points this month? I’ve had problems in the past with the gas station taking the points from the most recent month.

10. Barbara souder says:

I spent $85.00 Tuesday at Kroger I had a coupon for 400 points for a $100.00 spent so I didn’t get to use my coupon and it expires 20th I didn’t have time to go back an get something else. I see you have lower amounts now how do I get one

11. donna murray says:

Does shell let you get more than .10 cents a gallon off now? Because I have gotten bad gas at 2 different Kroger’s and tired of having to repair my car

12. Bonnie Christenson says:

I have king sooper points ft colorado can I use them in ks ok oor tx. Leaving tomorrow and got a full tank. Thank ypu

13. I can’t find the current digital coupon for 4x fuel points on gift cards. Offer was to start today. Please help

14. I also got 500 free fuel points today when I was checking out at the store. Nice!

15. Last weekend I used my fuel points and got gas for 33 cents a gallon in Fort Wayne, IN. Thanks, Kroger!

16. Brenda Short says:

So their is no where in Logan WV. To use the gas points.

17. you can only redeem $.10 per/gallon at shell stations. To my knowledge there are no shell stations that allow you to use more.. we frequently get this question and the togetherness of the post seems to imply that some shell stations do! Also, not all gift cards give 2x fuel points.. Ex. Kroger gift cards actually provide zero as you earn the points when you spend the gift card.

18. Julie Kroger says:

You can redeem more than $1.00/gallon — just not in the same purchase. So earn 1300 points, you can use $1.00/gallon on one trip to the gas station; and use 30 cents the next time. Or split it however you want. I’ve had months with more than 2000 points.

19. Katha Webster says:

I got 500 fuel points as well.

20. wastintime says:

Love what you do but must correct one thing – federally funded (i.e. medicare) prescriptions get the dollar value – so if your Rx is $7 you get 7 fuel points. Your friendly Kroger Pharmacy employee :-)

21. I got an email from Kroger today that said I’ve been rewarded with 500 fuel points!! As a thank you for being on of their best customers over the past year. #FuelTheLove

22. I also get fuel points by bringing in my own bags….which is extra nice bonus for both of us.

23. Pam Davis says:

I don’t know if City Market does to all card members, but just this week City Market/Kroeger gave my card 509 fuel points for being a loyal customer. Going to use them all!