Dollar General has just released an UPDATED coupon policy which you can access and print here. Here’s the important part: They NOW accept internet printables!! Woo-hoo!! I would suggest printing this now and keeping a copy with you in case you meet a cashier that gives you a hard time.
Dollar General will accept coupons, including Internet Coupons, provided they meet these requirements:
- Coupons must be original (no photocopies)
- Coupons must have a scan-able barcode
- Coupons must have an expiration date
- Coupons may be used only on products sold at Dollar General, and must match exactly to the item as it is packaged and sold at Dollar General.
- Coupons must clearly say “Manufacturers Coupon” or “Dollar General Store Coupon”
Dollar General will NOT accept the following:
- Manufacturer’s coupons that do not scan, or Dollar General Store Coupons with an invalid promotional code
- Expired Coupons
- Coupons for products not sold at Dollar General
- FREE Item coupon if printed from the Internet, unless a purchase is required (example: a “buy one, get one free” is acceptable).
- Coupons from other retailers or coupons that may be used only at other retailers