kendra

So, this is LONG overdue. I have mentioned my “helper” a few times on the blog, but I wanted to actually introduce you to her because she is a HUGE part of the Kroger Krazy you know and love today.

Let’s be honest, the amount of work that running a blog like Kroger Krazy is literal insanity. I’m not saying that to boast, receive kudos or even sympathy…it’s just the truth. I’ve been doing this for 4 1/2 years and for the first couple of years I did it all on my own. I never slept. Those of you who know me or have been reading for awhile know that I LOVE my blog…it is my 2nd child and it’s my business. I rarely put my computer down. However, my blog has grown substantially and while the amount of daily posts we grind out everyday has not changed, the back end administrative workload has increased considerably. If I had to do this all on my own, I would be a crazy (crazier?) person.

Snip20140424_106

I found Kendra when I advertised for help on my blog last year. She didn’t actually apply for the job, but she had been taking pictures for me just to “help out”. We had been emailing back and forth a lot and just clicked. Like immediate friends, to the point that we now insist we were separated at birth. I had a lot of other great applicants, but none that fit the position perfectly. I wanted Kendra. The problem was, she already had a job. And a fantastic one at that. She is a Title 1 teacher with an impressive list of credentials. She loves her job and I couldn’t ask her to give that up. Well, because she is so awesome, Kendra decided she could do both (with a lot of pressure and coaxing from me!). We are now coming up on our 1-year blogaversary and I can’t imagine my life without her.

She is kind, giving, honest, HILARIOUS and many many more adjectives that I could never have time to list. She is one of those people you meet and just want to thank her momma! (so, thank you Virginia!)

Snip20140424_102

She is the most amazing VA (virtual assistant for my non-blog lingo speaking friends) who every single day goes over and beyond. I ask a lot of her and she works it out like a rockstar.

She is a SMARTY! She is my brain.

Snip20140424_103

Kendra is always Team Katie and Team Kroger Krazy. She is loyal. I could not ask for more.

Snip20140424_104

One of my favorite expressions is “Hustle your face off!” Kendra takes this to a new level. She is the one who runs out to Kroger at 10 pm because a new coupon pops up that she just HAS to match up. In fact, she is at Kroger SEVERAL times a day scouting out deals for us.

She is the one who tests deals (like Catalinas) to make sure they are legit.

She gives me credibility.

She is invaluable.

Snip20140424_105

Thank you Kendra for taking AWESOME to a new level. Thank you for helping to make Kroger Krazy what it is today. You are a dream. One that I hope continues for a long long time.

And as I always tease her… Don’t EVER leave me.

Filed Under: Kroger Krazy News

Comments

Vasa

April 25, 201412:52 pm

I just found this website last year sometime and i LOVE IT!!! i check it at least twice a day for new deals. I appreciate everything both of you do to help us save as much as possible :) Thank you for your hard work! and this "shoutout" was the sweetest thing ever!! you guys ROCK!!

Jill

April 25, 201408:01 am

You both rock :) and mom too.

Laura

April 25, 201407:41 am

Thanks Kendra & Katie for all you do!

Kendra

April 25, 201407:05 am

I cannot even tell you how happy I am to wake up each day and be part of such a great "thing" We kid about it quite a lot, but I am so happy that Katie FORCED me to apply. Yes, she MADE me do it! And for that I love her :)

Dung

April 25, 201407:04 am

I just want to thank both of you for working your heart out to save us Krazy money. It is so wonderful to be able to work well with someone and build a wonderful friendship too! I really appreciate all you do for me and my family!

Mary McG.

April 25, 201406:25 am

Thank you Kendra....

Claudette

April 25, 201412:22 am

Thank you to both of you,shopping is a lot easier because of you guys.

Vannia

April 25, 201412:10 am

You both are amazing!!! thanks for all your hard work

Sk

April 24, 201411:50 pm

Awwwww, both of you are just too cute :-) thanks for your hard work.

Tammy

April 24, 201410:35 pm

You two make a great team! How awesome that you two can work together and be such amazing friends! If you happen to have a sister that shops at Giant Eagle and has a husband that cooks like your husband does....send her my way ;)

Kendra

April 25, 201407:01 am

This is hilarious! But I need to be honest here..my siblings come to my house for the food. No talking..just eating :) No one cooks like the hubs!!

Tammy

April 25, 201403:29 pm

Darn! :)

lisa

April 24, 201409:59 pm

Kudos to you Katie for revealing that you are not an island and acknowledging your team member. I have read many blogs and do not see this as being the norm. I always wondered why a person making such a large contribution (evident to those even on the outside of a business) was given no real identity. Love your blog. Still mourning the loss of being able to double my coupons anymore here in Illinois. One suggestion. When I read one of entries my eyes go directly to the bottom line of your deal synopsis. If this looks attractive to me I then read the body of your copy to figure out how to get the deal. I always feel a pang when I note that most of these good deals are significantly diminished for me because we can no longer double. Since so many of us Krazy Kroger's stand in my same shoes and are impacted by the same limitation I thought that if the bottom line was not inclusive of the doubling discount I would not respond with instant regret and would probably be more enthusiastic about the price. I lack the knowledge of percentage of your readers that are still able to double but if their numbers are less significant to those that can't could they be placed above the non doubles price so the bottom line is something I would get happy about? Big thanks to you and your staff making saving money so easy.

L

April 24, 201409:45 pm

And she has cute dimples on top of her awesomeness!

Mel

April 24, 201409:21 pm

Thanks Kendra! You Rock!

Mom

April 24, 201408:49 pm

I couldn't agree with you more Katie. Hope to meet you someday.

Kendra

April 25, 201407:06 am

I do thank you, Mom! Katie CANNOT wait to road trip to feed the cows (in her peep toe heels)!

Katie

April 24, 201408:58 pm

You too Kendra's mom! :)

DeAnna

April 24, 201408:47 pm

Thank you Kendra for all you do for us! It's sincerely appreciated! :)

Debbie

April 24, 201408:47 pm

Patricia

April 24, 201408:21 pm

Happy assistants week Kendra!!! Thanks for all u do to make Kroger Krazy awesome!!!

Michelle