With the popularity of coupons on the rise, I thought it fitting to start writing more about how to get started. Hopefully this video will give you visual learners a better understanding of how to organize your coupons effectively.  Enjoy!

The number one reason why so many coupons go unused is because many (with good intentions) clip them, only to forget they have them when it comes time to purchase the item. Some people like to clip every coupon and file it right away, some people like to keep their coupon inserts in tact, file them by date and clip them before they go to the store.  If you are the former, what do you do with all of those coupons once they’re clipped? For starters, get yourself a small accordian style coupon organizer (usually only a couple dollars at Walmart). When you find yourself with too many coupons to fit, it’s time to graduate to the coupon binder.

As I stated in my video, you can purchase the baseball card inserts at Walmart (near the checkout) or Amazon. Everything else you need can be found at basically any store that sells office type supplies.

And please leave your comments below if you have anything to add on the subject of coupon organization!

Comments

Angie

January 15, 201812:39 am

Hi, I would GREATLY appreciate the spreadsheet! I'm a little overwhelmed trying to get started. But I really want to be successful couponing this year! I sincerely appreciate all your help.

Gwyn Dykes

January 14, 201805:20 pm

Can you please me a spreadsheet: thanks love your videos very helpful

chris

December 10, 201712:29 pm

Hey i am new to all of this so i was wondering if you could be oh so nice and please please send me the spreadsheet

catelyn

December 10, 201712:27 pm

send me the spreadsheet

Connie Gause

September 27, 201704:00 pm

Could I get a spreadsheet as well. I would like to organize my binder by aisle as well.I am new to couponing my daughter has got me doing this. I love you and all your videos thanks for all your help saving money for all of us.

Barb

September 30, 201707:03 pm

Could I get a copy of the spreadsheet as well?

Esther Myers

June 14, 201709:11 pm

Can I PLEASE have a copy of your spread sheet. I am trying so hard to get started. Thank You !!!

Johnnie Henderson

May 16, 201704:39 pm

I would love a copy of the spreadsheet if it's still available. Thanks

Deb

February 13, 201705:51 pm

I would the spreadsheet also. thanks

Denise

May 10, 201711:16 am

Could you send me a copy of the spreadsheet also? I'm new to couponing.

Valerie

January 23, 201709:11 am

Can you please send me a copy of the spreadsheet?

melissa

January 16, 201710:58 am

could you please send me copy of spreadsheet

libby

January 15, 201710:46 am

May I have the spreadsheet as well? thank you!

Tara

January 2, 201703:30 pm

I would like to get the spreadsheet if it's still available. I am new to couponing but have made an impact on my household and my brother's.

Beth Mills

September 14, 201612:53 pm

I would love to get a copy of this spreadsheet. I'm brand new to this and excited to get started.

Holly

October 5, 201612:46 pm

Did you get a copy of the spreadsheet? If so, would be so kind to share it with me? Thank you!

EUNICE LEE

September 8, 201602:27 pm

WOULD LIKE SPREADSHEET

Sheree

August 15, 201609:35 pm

Hi Katie, I'm a new couponer too and I would love a copy of your spreadsheet

kimberli barber

August 13, 201606:10 am

Could I also get a copy of the spreadsheet; Thank You

Lauren

August 1, 201605:46 pm

I would love a copy of the spread sheet too, please. Thank you!

Kim

July 20, 201604:42 pm

I would love to have a copy of the spreadsheet as well. Please and thank you in advance!

Melissa

July 13, 201602:45 pm

I would love to have a copy of the spreadsheet(s) as well. I am brand new to couponing and trying it to figure this all out. Thank you! Great site!

M Byfield

February 14, 201608:34 am

Please send me the spreadsheet. Thanks

Jocelyn

January 26, 201610:47 pm

Hi there! I'm wondering if you could send me a copy of the spreadsheet as well? Thank you in advance!

Katie

October 19, 201504:17 pm

Hi Katie thank you for all your tips. I am a new couponer and I wanted to first off thank you for taking your time and showing everyone how to do this. Secondly I appreciate all the deals and ideas of organizing. I was completely at a loss and many people are charging 30-50 dollars a class so I appreciate. I see a few people mention a "spreadsheet" and I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to send one to me? I am a mother of 4 girls and recently was laid off work and my hubby is in the military. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Tammy

September 28, 201504:53 pm

Please send me the spreadsheet too! Thanks

julia roberts

September 25, 201507:56 pm

Im new to this couponing thing also..Can u send me what all i need to get started..

Kristen

September 22, 201501:31 pm

Can you send me the spreadsheet also ? I'm a beginner !

Paula

September 8, 201510:12 pm

I am also new to couponing. Could someone send me a spreadsheet as well. Thanks!

Susan

September 7, 201510:57 pm

I am new to using coupons. Trying to figure out all the deals. Can you send me a cop y of the spread sheet. Also any tips or ideas would be appreciated.

vanessa

September 5, 201503:56 am

Does anyone have a spreadsheet they are talking a out so I can organize my coupon shopping too still new to this

Denise

May 29, 201506:18 pm

Just to let you know Walmart now sales a packet for $7.99 it has 30 or 40 sheets of coupon proctectors in different slots 2/3/6/9 I think.... Its been a a few months since I got it... Oh and don't go out and buy a $20 binder wait till back school sales clearance to at least 50% off I got a new the beginning of this school for $5 it a huge 5 star($29.99) with a handle it's black and green but oh well. Just a few tips...

Jaime

March 31, 201501:13 pm

I use a 5x8 binder system. I found most of my supplies at Staples and on sale. The binder is a Better Binder from Staples. It's a rugged little thing. I have Martha Stewart sheet protectors where I keep coupons to give away, coupons for church, and all my receipts for quarter. There is filler paper next and then my Kroger Aisles. (Within the last year or so my local Kroger got an overhaul. So each time they set out the new aisle arrangement, I snatched it up.) I found these nifty sheet protectors at Staples that were actually designed for coupons. They hold a catalina by just folding before the upc code. I haven't found them since, but haven't needed any either. To id the aisles I use Martha Stewart tabs. I write on them with pencil in case I need to change anything. AND it fits in my thirty one bag with all the reusable bags from Pier 1.

Jaime

March 31, 201501:17 pm

just checked Staples website...they have the coupon pages online still!

Blanca

November 17, 201404:06 pm

Also Need a better Idea on how to store my coupons better? The Binder is so full and the ring is out of place and everytime I open it and try to turn the pages it gets all caught up and comes out of the ring...OMGGGG so aggravating so need a better idea??? Please help anyone.. O I also have some coupons in a shoe box lolololol... I drag it along with my Binder to every store.. My boys are like really mom!!!!lolololol... Open to any ideas please!

Janice Kirk

November 12, 201409:11 am

Hi After years of trying different organizing methods, I finally found one that really works for me. I bought a photo album from the thrift store that holds 5/7 pictures. The size of the pockets is big enough to hold bigger coupons without folding them, and also for my fat fingers to get them in and out! I found a really nice one that the pages fold in, so I get3 times the space instead of 2. If the baseball card binders are too awkward try a photo album!

Blanca

November 17, 201404:00 pm

u are totally right.

Nicol

September 18, 201409:47 am

I have really, really been needing and wanting to learn how to use the coupon and how to get started and not feel stupid in the checkout, fumbling around looking for that coupon to save .45...I like the detailed way you shown how you organize. Coupon says, "one per person", so how can ppl use more than one? I will def be watching the videos and learning as much as I can...Thanks Katie

Amanda Green

September 2, 201404:32 pm

Is there a way to get a print out from the store of the aisle? I want to be able to organize by aisle too but wasn't sure if I have to build my list myself or if Kroger will provide an aisle list for me?

Matilde Jaimes

November 17, 201503:06 pm

Adela Castanon

April 17, 201507:51 am

can you please send me the spreadsheet also!

Marie

February 6, 201512:06 am

Can you send me the spreadsheet also, just started today

Charlotte

August 27, 201407:24 pm

I was wondering if anyone had spreadsheet samples they were willing to share with a brand new couponer? I've seen people with spreadsheets to plan their trip, some that will tally your items as you enter while shopping, etc. I'm a little overwhelmed in trying to get started. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

Tracy

January 22, 201509:10 am

I would so appreciate the help in getting started also :) Thank you!!!!

Pamela

March 11, 201509:28 am

I would like a copy of the spreadsheet also, could you please send me a copy? Thank You !!

Amanda

August 28, 201501:46 pm

Hi ! I would like a spreadsheet as well. I just used coupons for the first time today.

Kelyn

October 24, 201401:39 pm

Charlotte send me your email and i'll send you what i have...Sometimes just starting out can be a bit overwhelming if you do not know how to keep your coupons organized.

Scarlett

September 17, 201608:41 pm

Kelyn, I sure could use a copy of your spreadsheet format. I am just starting couponing!! Thank you so much

Melissa

July 13, 201602:49 pm

Would you send me a copy of the spreadsheet to? Brand new couponer..

Alice

January 18, 201610:55 pm

I sure could use that info for the newbie, could you send that to me as well? It would be so appreciated! Hats off to you all that have it down pat and to help us join in the fun of saving! Thanks Kelyn!

Re

January 1, 201602:12 pm

Would you please send a copy of the spreadsheet to me also? I am new to coupons and the organization of it seems overwhelming. I really would appreciate your help--not sure how it knows the aisles and totals as you go - but that would be wonderful. Thank you again.

Shandra

August 29, 201502:22 pm

Hi! I hope you're still here! If you have the spreadsheet, especially one that knows the aisles and can actually total s you move along, would you please consider sending it? Im new and I would truly appreciate your help. Thanks, Shandra

Lora

August 10, 201501:28 pm

Please send one to me too??? Thanks!

Deanna

May 5, 201503:59 pm

Kelyn, can you please send me your spreadsheet as well?

Betsy

February 12, 201507:33 am

I would like a copy also, please

Heather

February 9, 201511:34 am

Kelyn, Could I get a copy of that spreadsheet as well? Thank you so much!

Sally Grimes

February 1, 201508:25 pm

Please send it to me too! Thank you, Sally

Leah Crouch

January 14, 201511:10 am

Can you please send me the spreadsheet? I am new to this.... Thanks so much in advance:)

Debbie Bryant

November 4, 201411:44 pm

Would you send me a copy as well? New couponer here too.

chris

January 4, 201503:24 pm

Can you send one to me too?

Charlotte

August 27, 201407:23 pm

beth

August 12, 201311:24 am

I have the same binder and organize it with what each isle was ending each page with what is on the end cap selves. coupon policy are at the back of the binder. I use the folding file on the inside of the binder if I am doing more then one order to divide my coupons. the thirty one bags are great because of the side pockets to can put your different coupon orders in them as well plus the fit great in the sit of the buggy and help level up your binder and keep it in place. I really love the large utility tote made by thirty one as well. I have bought the add on side pocket for them. if I am shopping where I do not know the cashier they are great to put the items in coupons in the side pocket. the cashier rings up the stuff in the bag then the coupons for what in in each bag is in the pocket of the bag so if they have a question in stead of trying to look thru all the bags they just look in that bag. this saves time and their bags plus you can get more in one buggy because they fit in the buggy great you can put two or three high and when it is time to unload your buggy you just put the whole bad put on the counter giving you more time making sure every thing rings up right

Shanna

February 16, 201309:32 am

Thank you so much! I am a new couponer, and I ended up organizing my coupons in a binder with photo album pages. I also organized mine by the Kroger aisles too. I was watching your video to figure out if I should clip every coupon. It does take all week, since I get inserts from many people throughout the week. I buy three papers and then clip them together, but then I get random inserts from people and then I am clipping and organizing the same coupons over and over. It seems like a lot of time. So your suggestion to keep the extra inserts in an accordion folder will be helpful.

Melissa

May 4, 201211:35 am

Found my binder at the goodwill like you suggested and got my inserts at a hobby store for cheap!! 12cents/peice. Call me boring, but i'm all about couponing tonight!! Even if it is a Friday! :)

allie

July 14, 201107:37 pm

I use baseball card sleeves and for the bigger coupons I use money currency holders which works really well:)

kareen

July 13, 201111:34 pm

Here's a link my friend shared with me if u want to send off those expired coups. http://www.coupsfortroops.com/2011/04/military-families-can-use-expired.html?m=1

Shonta

July 13, 201107:53 pm

anyone know where to send them if you want to send them to the troops families?

Katie

July 13, 201107:30 pm

Amy- Keep in mind if you do not use them or they expire you can send them to the troops and they can use them in the px's on base for up to 6 months after they expire

Amy

July 13, 201106:54 pm

thanks so much....I have been torn with the whole dont clip every coupon but didnt want to throw away the ones I may need so I like that you use the two methods.....I will be starting an insert method soon !!

Jen

July 13, 201105:23 pm

My tip: You will have to fold your coupons to fit into the baseball card sleeves. I try to fold mine so as not to wrinkle the bar code.

Susan

July 13, 201105:06 pm

Thank you Katarina!! I appreciate the visual aid assistance... Well done and look forward to your next video... Thanks!

Lisa Langley

July 13, 201104:48 pm

I actually have "boycotted" the coupon binder...I just can't bring myself to it. Here's a blog post on how I organize... http://sweetandsugarpeamommy.blogspot.com/search/label/Organize

Linda

August 2, 201402:19 am

where did you get the envelopes with 2 pockets from?