I usually take Kambell over to a the Photography Studio inside our Walmart or Mall every year, but decided it was time to invest in professional photographs for both her and our whole family – you know, all 3 of us. 😉 I am beyond thrilled with the results and wanted to tell everybody!
A few weeks ago, we had a phenomenal, on location (a few locations, actually) photo shoot with Kathy of Photography by K. It was cold, windy and even sprinkled a bit, but we still managed to pull off some awesome photos. And when I say “we”, I mean Kathy. 🙂 Some of these photos of my daughter you would swear came straight out of a magazine. Or at least a Gap ad. 😉 I could not be happier with the outcome.
With that being said, the outcome is nothing if you do not enjoy the experience itself. I mentioned that it was freezing, so Kathy made it as comfortable as possible – not to mention she was lightning quick and didn’t make my tiny little girl suffer longer than she had to. She may have a little red nose, but that smile is real.
A few days later, we had another mini photo shoot for Kambell in Kathy’s studio/home. I had this glitter idea and Kathy made it happen. It was so much fun and again – amazing outcome…although I’m pretty sure Kathy is still cleaning up that glitter!
Here’s why I love Kathy and you will too:
- She’s a pro. She has MAD talent in both setting up poses and execution, not to mention her editing skills! The woman knows what she is doing and it shows.
- She has an “eye” for location. Kathy took the time to scout out these settings ahead of time and I LOVED them all. I think the background on many of these photos made all the difference.
- She “gets” kids, loves kids and understands how to work with them. She even brought bubble gum for those last few photos that a 6 year old just doesn’t have the energy for. Not the sugar free kind that mom lets you have once in awhile. The yummy, sugary kind that you can blow huge bubbles with. Genius.
- She’s down to earth, personable, listens to your ideas, and is just an all-around great person to work with.
- Her photos are AMAZING!! Those speak for themselves.
If you’re in the NW Ohio area, be sure to check her out! You will NOT be disappointed!
Photography By K takes a non-traditional, lifestyle photography approach to portraits. Photography By K specializes in Portrait Photography – mainly captured outdoors in natural light, but Kathy can do the studio thing if you prefer – and also Real Estate Photography. Yes…houses and commercial spaces and the like, right alongside people. All kinds of people, too. Newborn babies, children, families, plus specialty sessions for high school seniors and moms-to-be. Small events are included every now and again, also!
Go HERE to check out her website and learn more! Let her know that Katie with Kroger Krazy sent you!