I like to stock up these Kroger brand Brats, Ground Sausage and Meatballs when we see a $2.97 sale like this. Download your 5x digital coupon and head to Kroger by 11/16 to use. Then when you get home make some Zuppa Toscana (recipe below) with your hot Italian sausage. YUM!!
[pl-deal id=’547194′][pl-title]Kroger Brats, Italian Sausage, Ground Pork or Meatballs (16-18 oz) – $3.99 (thru 11/16)[/pl-title]
[pl-desc]Use $2.97 Kroger Brats, Italian Sausage, Ground Pork or Meatballs (16-18 oz) Kroger Digital Coupon – Limit 5 (Use ONLY 11/10-11/16)[/pl-desc]
Zuppa Toscana Recipe
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 large white potatoes, diced, skin on
- 1 bunch curly kale, strip leaves from stem and chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- In a large pot add hot Italian sausage, breaking it up with your spatula and sauté until cooked through (roughly 5 min). Remove to paper towel lined plate.
- Next, finely dice large onion and add to the pot. Saute 5 min or until soft and golden then add minced garlic and sauté for 1 min.
- Add 6 cups of chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Chop 4 large white potatoes with skin on and add to boiling soup. Cook for 10-12 min or until the potatoes pierce easily with a fork.
- When potatoes nearly done, add chopped kale and let all ingredients come to light boil
- Stir in 3/4-1 cup cup cream and bring to boil. Season to taste with salt and black pepper then remove from heat.
- Garnish with bacon and grated parmesan (if desired)